Rooted in the idea of training the next generation of volunteers and philanthropists, the Teen Leadership Council is a partnership between Wonders & Worries and local teens in grades 9-12.
Through participation in the Teen Leadership Council, teens will:
- Develop transferable leadership and business skills while learning how to advocate and raise awareness to support children through a parent’s illness.
- Earn 25 service hours through their participation on the Council, with multiple opportunities to earn even more!
- Learn from Wonders & Worries team members and supporters in their areas of expertise.
- Give back to their community through their time, talent, and resources as they plan and execute a fundraiser benefiting Wonders & Worries.
- Gain lifelong skills in budgeting, marketing, teamwork, and project management.
- Be able to add a unique and eye-catching addition to a college resume!
Meetings will be held on the first Thursday of the month (2nd Thursday of the month in January) from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 6504 Bridge Point Parkway, Austin, TX 78730. Our first meeting will be on Thursday, October 6th. Thank you to DK Partners, one of our Teen Leadership Council sponsors, for donating the use of their conference room for our meetings.
Applications for the Teen Leadership Council will be accepted through September 20, 2022.
Qualified applicants must:
- Be in grades 9-12.
- Commit to attending a minimum of 6 meetings during the school year.
- Agree to a $500 contribution to Wonders & Worries.
- Agree to one hour of outside work between the monthly meetings.
If you would like to serve on the 2022-2023 Wonders & Worries Teen Leadership Council, please complete this application by September 20th.
Applicants are encouraged to spread the word and invite friends to apply as well! Please note: the council will be capped at 30 members.