Hispanic/Latinx entrepreneurs contribute greatly to the economy: In 2017, U.S.-born Latinos generated $26 billion in business income and Latinx immigrants generated $36.5 billion. (SBA)
- 44.8% OF HOUSTON’S POPULATION IS HISPANIC/LATINX. (U.S. Census)
- There are 9,806 Hispanic-owned businesses in Houston -- over 42% of Houston’s small businesses (Lopez Negrete)
- 29% of the 5,977,092 in Houston MSA speak Spanish (Wikipedia)
If Hispanic/Latinx-Owned Businesses (H/LOBs) grew similarly to non-H/LOBs, they would generate an additional $1.38 trillion. (Aspen Institute)
According to research, the three greatest needs for H/LOBs thrive are:
- Access to “right-sized” capital at the right stages
- Access to procurement and supply chain opportunities
- Access to relevant, culturally competent, and convenient business training and education (Aspen Institute)
TOGETHER, WE CAN MEET THESE NEEDS. SPONSOR "EMPRENDE IMPACTO" to HELP FOSTER DIVERSE ENTREPRENEURSHIP and INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT with GREAT IMPACT for HOUSTON.
The “Emprende Impacto” Pre-Accelerator and Bootcamp programs fill the idea-stage education and resource gap for Houston’s Hispanic/Latinx community: We provide the relevant, culturally competent, and accessible startup training and education they need to launch new paths to wealth creation, grow their businesses, create new jobs and opportunities in their communities, and thrive.
Leveraging our relationships with the dozen+ Impact Hubs in Latin America and Spain, Impact Hub Houston will provide expert entrepreneur/startup education and mentorship in Spanish along with materials in English, so participants can learn in a culturally-sensitive environment while building competency in common startup terminology and best practices.