The mission of Skagit Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services is to end domestic violence and sexual assault in our community through empowerment, advocacy, education, awareness and prevention.
We provide services to any victim of domestic violence or sexual assault, recent or past. We also assist family members and friends of those who have been assaulted or abused.
Join us Saturday, October 14th for a formal evening of Classic Hollywood glamour with friends old and new!
With your support we provide confidential services, including crisis intervention, emergency shelter, advocacy-based counseling, legal, medical and social services advocacy, support groups, children’s advocacy and community education and prevention!
We have a wonderful evening in store! You will enjoy fine dining, a dessert dash... a few laughs and possible tears. With live auction packages worth fighting over and basket raffle prizes- your odds of winning are good!
All prize bids are made in-person at the Swinomish Casino Walton Center, October 14th.
Sponsor interests: Please contact us directly to discuss your reservation and marketing package.
Thank you for joining on this journey, a Night in Classic Hollywood.
Our services are confidential and free, including:
- 24/7 crisis line so that victims who need help can be immediately supported
- Safe housing at the SDVSAS emergency domestic violence shelter
- Domestic violence and sexual assault groups in English and Spanish
- 2 ongoing DV groups and 1 SA group for adult victims; 1 SA group for youth victims
- Support groups for youth at two local schools
- In- person hospital response for sexual assault victims
- Assistance with protection orders and other types of legal advocacy
- Parenting support and parenting workshops
- Assistance with essential needs like food, gas, clothing and toiletries
- Assistance finding transitional or permanent housing
- Assistance finding employment
- Bilingual Advocacy and Translation Services
- Prevention education at local elementary, middle, and high schools
- Prevention groups at Boys and Girls Clubs, Northwest Job Corps, the Juvenile Detention Center Oasis Teen shelter
- Facilitation of community-wide task forces, including the Skagit Sexual Assault Response Team, DV Task Force, and CSEC (commercially sexually exploited children) Task Force
- Collaboration with local police departments to identify victims at risk of being killed or seriously injured through the Skagit Lethality Assessment Program
- Child advocacy and children's activities
- Support in healing from the trauma of abuse