TINY ART WITH A BIG HEART
The sale is open - and artwork is going fast! If you'd like to see which artworks you can still buy, follow the instructions below under “TO PURCHASE ART”. When you are taken to the sales page you can click “Browse Items” at the top of the page.
Art comes in all shapes and sizes—from eye-popping murals to pieces that fit in your pocket—and sometimes the teeniest art can make the biggest impact. All artwork has been donated to the Teeny Tiny Art Mart with 100% of the proceeds helping to support OMA’s ongoing education initiatives that provide thousands of students annually with transformative arts-based experiences. The canvas may be small, but let your imagination soar!
Including artwork by 229 artists!
Click here to see the full list.
TEENY TINY DETAILS
- Each artwork is $25 plus $3 taxes and fees.
- All sales are final.
- The online art opens Sunday, November 29 at 7:00am and closes Sunday, December 20, 11:59pm.
- All artwork measures exactly 5 inches tall x 5 inches wide (no smaller and no larger).
- Artwork is not signed on the front, the artist will remain a mystery until the artwork is purchased.
- All submissions are original works of art.
- Artwork can also be viewed in person at OMA.
- After December 20, unsold artwork will be sold through the Museum Store.
TO PURCHASE ART
- Click “Register to Bid” at the top of the Virtual Art Mart page.
- Follow the prompts to enter your credit card information.
- Click the link in your confirmation text message or the green “View Your Event Now” button on the confirmation webpage. You will be taken to the sales page.
- At the top of the sales page, click “Browse Items”, then “Items Still Available”.
- Click on the artwork you want.
- Hitting BUY NOW purchases the item - There is no shopping cart
- Once you hit BUY NOW there’s no turning back!
- Your credit card will be charged at the end of the business day. If you have questions, please reach out to 760-435-3721.
TO COLLECT YOUR ART
- Go to Oceanside Museum of Art and present proof of purchase text message.
- OR Contact Luciana Fernandes, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require your artwork to be shipped to you. Shipping fees will vary depending on the number of artworks purchased, starting at $10.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What shape and size is the artwork?
The external dimensions of the artwork are an exact 5 inch by 5 inch square.
Can I preview the artwork before I buy it?
Yes! Go to the sale page here. Click on each item’s photo or title to expand the image and learn more about the artwork.
Artwork will also be on display in the lobby at OMA leading up to and throughout the sale during regular retail hours: Thursdays-Saturdays 11:00am-5:00pm, Sundays 11:00am-4:00pm. OMA is closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Does the artwork have hanging hardware on the back?
Some artworks are framed and/or ready to hang, but not all. Click here to email Katie Dolgov if you have questions about specific artworks.
Is the sale entirely virtual?
Yes! The virtual sale of work will start at 7:00am on Sunday, November 29. Artwork must be paid for via BetterUnite's secure check out system.
How do I purchase artwork?
Click the red “Auction” button at the top of this page (or at the bottom, depending on your device) to get started. At the top of the Auction page, click “Register to Bid”. You must enter your credit card information to register to purchase artwork.
If you are already registered, click the blue “Already Registered?” link at the top of this page or at the top of the Auction page to be taken to the sale page, preview the art, and purchase.
A lot of the artwork has already been purchased. How can I only see what is still available?
Follow the instrucations above under “TO PURCHASE ART”. When you are taken to the sales page you can click “Browse Items” at the top of the page, then “Items Still Available”.
How many artworks can I purchase?
As many as you like! Starting at 7:00am on November 29, you a “Buy Now” button will be added to each artwork listing. By clicking that button, you will have purchased the artwork! Your credit card will be charged at the end of the business day.
How long is the sale open?
The sale closes at 11:59pm on December 20, 2020.
How do I get the artwork I purchased?
We encourage you to pick up your artwork from OMA in person. Artwork can be picked up at OMA starting Thursday, December 3, 2020, during OMA’s regular retail hours: Thursdays-Saturdays 11:00am-5:00pm, Sundays 11:00am-4:00pm.
Please be prepared to present the purchase confirmation email or text message, either as a physical print out or showing the email on your phone, to front desk staff.
If you will need the artwork to be shipped to you, after completing your purchase please contact the Museum Store manager, Luciana Fernandes, at email@example.com to make shipping arrangements. Shipping fees will vary depending on the number of artworks purchased, starting at $10.
How do I pay for my items?
Payment must be made directly through our secure checkout page on the BetterUnite platform. You must pre-register your card to purchase artwork. Purchases will be finalized and credit cards will be charged weeknight evenings throughout the duration of the sale.
What is the $3 “Miscellaneous Fee” per item on my transaction?
The Teeny Tiny Art Mart is an online fundraising event for education programs at Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA). As with all online transactions of tangible items, there are related expenses. We are required to collect California state sales tax of 8.25% on all purchases. The BetterUnite platform best allows us to share this virtual sale with you and the fees include a platform usage fee of 2% paid to BetterUnite as well as a standard credit card processing fee of approximately 3%. To help cover these taxes and fees, a $3 “miscellaneous” fee will be added to the purchase of each artwork.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express via the secure checkout page on the BetterUnite platform.
By clicking to buy, you have agreed to the sale procedures and have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the item. OMA is not liable for any occurrence resulting from the use of purchased items or services. All sales are final. Refunds or exchanges are not allowed.
Every effort has been made to describe all items accurately. Still, all items are sold “as is” and without warranty or representation of any kind regarding the description, authenticity, value, or fitness of items.
What if I have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Please contact OMA at (760) 435-3730 or click here to email Katie Dolgov with any additional questions or concerns.
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS