To honor Princess Ruth Keʻelikōlani's 196th birthday we're celebrating Day at Hulihe'e Palace during ka Mahina ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi, Hawaiian Language Month!
Princess Ruth Keʻelikōlani was a strong supporter of the perpetuation of Hawaiian traditions, culture, and language. Alothough well-educated and proficient in the English language, she conducted all business and correspondence ma ka ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi, requiring all non-speakers to obtain a translator. We are so excited to celebrate one of Princess Ruth Keʻelikōlani's favorite residences during a month that would have surely been important to her. We are honored to do our small part to share this part of her story and hope to inspire others with her history.
This year's festival will primarily be held virtually with select in-person options available and several ways to get into the spirit of the Day!
From the comfort of your home:
- Purchase your very own Pūʻolo Aloha, a highly curated supporter box featuring all the elements you've come to expect from Day at Huliheʻe Palace and have it shipped anywhere in the United States.
- Enter for your chance to win a Queen Size Hawaiian Quilt with Two Shams. Winner will be announced on Saturday, February 12.
- Starting February 5 through February 19, participate in our Online Auction featuring very special items and experiences.
At the Palace on February 12th from 10am - 1pm:
- If you're a kamaʻāina, enjoy special $5 admission to the Palace and Museum all day long!
- Opt to pick up your Pūʻolo Aloha in person at the Palace.
- Purchase gorgeous floral arrangements designed by our talented members.
- Stock up on your favorite goodies from our selection of famous baked goods all homemade with love by our members.
This is a new way to experience Day at Huliheʻe Palace and even though we may be distanced from one another, we're happy we can experience it together. Whether you are able to visit the Palace on February 12 or take advantage of the ways you can bring the Palace to you, we appreciate your support. All proceeds from the Day support the historic preservation, maintenance and operations of the Palace and grounds.