20 to end 20 is a vital program for our community's veterans!
We are taking all necessary actions to end the tragedy of 20 veterans a day committing suicide. 100% of your gift of $20 a month will go toward ending the problem in Cochise County
The Warrior Healing Center at 1838 Paseo San Luis in Sierra Vista (WHC) is an elegant solution to a very real need. Sierra Vista is a community that cares about the military and our veterans, and the WHC represents the support of community provides to our veteran families. Before the WHC, there were dozens of great veteran service organizations in place to enrich the lives of our veterans, but they were spread out, hard to find and often lacked unity of effort. The WHC transformed that into a "one stop" location where these teams come together to collaborate and better improve the lives of the veteran families they serve. The WHC also pulls in a variety of healing services provided at no cost to veterans and their families. Services such as Soldier's Best Friend service dog training with modern indoor training facilities, art classes, fitness classes, PTSD support, PTSD Tapping therapy, Flutes for Vets Native American Flute Circles, holistic health options, equine activities, and more!
The Warrior Healing Center at 1838 Paseo San Luis in Sierra Vista is also a place were veterans can just hang out, have some coffee and share stories. We offer support for veteran families across the spectrum of needs from crisis to encouraging veterans to launch their own pioneering activities and events and find their passion. The WHC features a media studio that runs a 24/7 livestream on half a dozen social media outlets, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, DLive and more. That microphone is available to veterans and their families, as well as our Warrior Healing Team, to discuss any topic they'd like--from an opinion on any topic to discussion on a favorite hobby. It is also a place to inform people and to promote community events. If you are a veteran or family member or a community member who would like to give some love back to the ones who have put it all on the line for our freedom, please come visit to see what we're all about! If you have a program you'd like to see, come on down and let's work together.
Sierra Vista is the perfect place to showcase the spirit of the Warrior Healing Center. This is a deeply devoted community with a high percentage of veteran families, many of whom have sacrificed so much for our Nation. So many times, when service members transition to civilian life, they rejoin a population where precious few have worn the uniform of our Armed Forces. Veteran families become separated from the fellowship of service. The Warrior Healing Center's intent is to empower our community to bridge that gap - helping veterans find their passion, to give them an outlet, and to give our community a platform upon which to build a better future from what veteran families learned from their time in the service: values, teamwork, fellowship, devotion to something greater than ourselves. We seek to help our community support our veteran families so they can use their hard-earned skills to care for our community and to lead us in curtailing the problems that plague America's veteran families.
The Warrior Healing Center at 1838 Paseo San Luis in Sierra Vista is part of our vision to integrate with our community to serve as a first response capability for Sierra Vista. Our vision is to be the single point of contact for law enforcement, probation officers, the judiciary, health providers, social workers, educators, artists and businesses who need support with any issue associated with veteran families. We are developing deliberate and crisis action plans to support our community at various levels to ensure that helpful alternatives are available when issues arrise. Likewise, our goal is to be the single touchpoint for veteran families to connect for assistance with any aspect of their lives where we can leverage our community relationships to quickly and effectively link resources to needs. We hope you will be part of our vision going forward!
VA statistics tell us that on average 20 veterans (Active + Guard + Vets) commit suicide every day in the USA. At the Warrior Healing Center we believe the crises that lead to suicide are often preventable, but the solutions are found in community relationships--not necessarily another government program. It takes people getting involved with their neighbors and taking responsibility for community well-being. That's why we created the Warrior Healing Center, a place that houses 35+ veteran service operations and healing services under one roof with veterans in mind.
We know you care about our community's veterans. We know you are grateful for their service. If you want to get involved with supporting our veterans with services like the ones listed below, you can give a single gift to the Warrior Healing Center that simultaneously benefits over 35 different veteran service and healing organizations. Since we are a 501c3, your gift is also tax-deductible, and Chuffed makes it easy to commit to monthly giving. We ask that you consider our "$20 a Month to End 20 a Day" challenge--it takes only 500 people in Sierra Vista accepting that challenge to keep the Warrior Healing Center open and operational with an all-volunteer staff. Please consider getting involved today!
1. Soldier's Best Friend Service Dog Training Facility - Matching, Training and Supporting
2. Bowen Therapy for Chronic Pain Treatment
3. Transition from Active Duty to Civilian Life - Warrior Transition Workshops
4. Post-Deployment Training Programs
5. Financial & Investment Planning
6. Tax Preparation, Real Estate Assistance, Retirement Planning
7. Employment Assistance
8. Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) Support Groups
9. Honor Flights to Washington DC Monuments for Veterans and Guardians with preference for Veterans from WW2, Korea, and Vietnam.
10. Veteran Administration Certified Veteran Service Officer Support
A. Help with Veterans Administration Claims
B. Service Documentation Assistance from National Archives and Social Security
11. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)/Substance Abuse Referrals for Multiple Therapies and Modalities
12. Crisis Intervention for Veterans and Family Members
13. Emergency Relocation Assistance
14. Emergency Financial Assistance
15. Emergency Home Repair Assistance
16. Emergency Food Assistance
17. Spiritual Counseling with On-Site Ministerial Support
18. Elderly Care: Medical Equipment, Personal Hygiene Supplies, Nutritional Supplement, Housekeeping Errands, Education Services, Local Service Referrals and Companionship Programs
19. Sport and Fitness Community Social & Service Events (Yoga, Bicycling, Hiking, Running, Bowling)
20. Leadership Development Program
21. Agent Orange Outreach Program
22. Outdoor enthusiast guided program for hunting, fishing, and hiking
23. Emotional Freedom Technique Tap Therapy
24. Media Production and Training Services
25. Internet, Computer and Printing Lab for Veterans
26. Healing with Art: Arts/Crafts Programs
27. Equine Activities and Instruction for PTSD and Camaraderie - Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) Certified
28. Coffee & War Stories Social/Support Group
29. Scholarships for Veterans, Children and Grandchildren of Veterans
30. Team Cycling Program Emphasizing Participation for Veterans with Disabilities/Abilities of All Kinds
31. Certified Personal Fitness Consultations and Twice Weekly Pilates Classes
32. Anti-Gravity Massage Chair Relaxation Room
33. Teleconferencing Center and Meeting Rooms
34. Free Clothing Closet, Library and Shower Facility
35. Research and Return Lost or Stolen Purple Heart Medals
36. Qi-Gong Practice
37. Holistic Herbal Health
38. Native American Flutes for Vets
39. Meditation Circle
40. Intuitive Mandala
41. Human-Horse Ground Experience
42. Purple Heart Cruises
43. Resources providing female veterans and their families to regain self-esteem, trust, honor and dignity
44. Widow/Widower & Family Member/Survivors Support
The Warrior Healing Center is a project of the 501(c)3 organization Civil Vision International (CVI). CVI operates exclusively in Cochise County, AZ, and accepts tax-exempt donations at 20toend20.com online. 100% of all donations go directly to supporting the Warrior Healing Center.
You can find us at http://visionheals.org
and at Guidestar.