We don't plan to host another Taproot at this time. Please fill out this form to submit your interest in future dates.
Shift Perspectives, Transform the World - Building a movement of inclusive leadership
TAPROOT is a multi-day, online training. It is focused on building facilitation and conflict transformation skills around equity and inclusion. During this training, participants engage in a series of workshops, discussions and think labs. All of these experiences are centered around individual and group identity development, empathy-building, and communication. All participants will also get a chance to practice facilitation in mini-workshops throughout the training.
Taproot challenges participants to navigate topics centered around inclusion and equity to more effectively address these topics in both professional and personal settings. Whether you consider yourself an inclusion expert, novice, or anywhere in between, you can expect to be challenged, sharpened, and empowered. This is our flagship, our bread and butter, the way that we posture ourselves with a group around popular education, transparency and communication skills. In this training we lead folks through workshops as if they were participants, and then move into what and why we do what we do. We share our theories and principles that have developed our style, as well as our foundational facilitation and communication skills. This is where you practice.
This online training session is NOT A WEBINAR FOR PASSIVE PARTICIPATION. Instead, it requires all participants to be ready to fully lean into a time of learning and dialogue. Because of the nature of the dialogue, this session will not be recorded for public use or re-watching after the session. Please only register if you are able to be fully present at the session. Come to the session ready to engage with all exercises and dialogues. Each session will be four hours long (with a break) and happen via Zoom (Colorado - Mountain Time). This is facilitated by a multiracial team, and will have a maximum capacity of 12 participants.
As part of our experiential learning approach, you will be practicing facilitation during this workshop. Please note, that you will be expected to touch base with a partner during a "working lunch hour." As well as complete some reading and reflection homework.
To attend, Participation with BB in some way is highly recommened and preferred, i.e., a Groundwork or Confluence Care
Registration: As of right now, we don't plan to host another Taproot at this time. Please fill out this form to submit your interest in future dates. As we will consider hosting one when we have enough folks interested.
- Learn facilitation skills to engage conflict and power dynamics, and to support others in speaking their truth
- Learn conflict transformation approach to navigating diversity, inclusion and equity
- Practice communication and relationship-building skills by connecting authentically with others in real-time experiential activities
- Ground your practice in frameworks that capture how individuals, groups, and systems impact each other
- Explore your own identities and perspectives
Best Fit For:
- Professionals seeking facilitation practice and skills
- Professionals looking to deepen practices of conflict transformation
- Leaders ready to shift power dynamics in their organization, business, or community
A few additional notes:
Group Norms & Why racial affinity space