Heroes Against Hunger Day (Saturday, July 3) kicks off our July Business Challenge in which we partner with Pflugerville businesses to help drive customers their way and to raise awareness of food insecurity among children in our city. Here’s how it works:
1. Beginning in late June, we distribute thousands of challenge cards with your business listed on it.
2. We spend the next 30 days promoting your participation via email and social media blitz.
3. Customers have the month of July to present their challenge card when making a purchase.
4. At the time of purchase the business will initial their unique code, showing their store/resturant has been patronized.
5. All cards must be turned in by 1pm on July 31st.
6. At the end of July, participating business donate 20% of challenge card purchases made to Backpack Friends.
7. 100% of donated monies goes directly to purchase food items for children this fall.