SYSO’s Power of Music Online Silent Auction is our largest fundraiser of the year. This community-gathering event brings together local musicians, artists, non-profits, and businesses around the celebration of music. This year, SYSO aims to raise $35,000 in support of our wide range of programming throughout the Puget Sound region.
How can I help?
- Ask a local business, artist, or organization to donate to SYSO’s auction! Share our procurement form widely as you reach out in your community!
- Bid, support a Fund-A-Need, or make a gift during the auction period April 3-8. Every action helps SYSO meet its goal!
- Spread the word. Share information about the auction with your friends & family, and share your SYSO story, what SYSO means to you, in the process!
We depend on public support to keep our programs accessible for all students in our community. Your gifts, donations, and Fund-A-Need purchases during the auction allow SYSO to continue providing $200,000 annually in tuition assistance, helping guarantee no student misses their chance to find themself—and their community—through music.
Help ensure the next generation has access to life-changing music education. Supporting SYSO’s auction means supporting:
- An academic-year concert season which reaches more than 10,000 patrons annually
- Music Youth Southeast, a new and free extra-curricular ensemble for musicians in grades 6-12, created with the Southeast Seattle community
- Development and expansion of community partnerships with Seattle Symphony, El Centro de la Raza, Consejo Counseling & Referral, Seattle Public Schools, and more
- Decades-long in-school partnerships which increase capacity for music teachers and students in public schools across Seattle
- Two summer music programs, providing a continuum of musical study for musicians ages 6-22
Help us continue an 80-year legacy of impactful orchestra music education in our region.