Hopewell Church, in partnership with Grove UMC, presents the Third Annual Prison Ministry Art Show, featuring the artwork from inmates at Coal Township State Correctional Institution. This year, we are also excited to include hand-made jewelry from inmates of Drakenstein Correctional Center in South Africa (from which Nelson Mandela was released).
As in past years, 50% of the funds raised from the sale of the art goes back to the artists to purchase additional art supplies, as well as help support their families. At the artists' request, the remaining 50% is donated to local and global organizations providing shelter, food, home repair, education, job creation, and mentorship, which provides an increased sense of worth and connection for the artists.
This year, the organizations receiving a portion of the funds raised include:
- Good Samaritan Services in Lancaster and Chester Counties
- Safe Harbor in West Chester
- Good Works in Coatesville
- The Well After-school Program in Downingtown
- Coatesville Kids To College
- Mosaic in South Africa
- Prison Ministry and Restorative Justice Program at Drakenstein Prison in South Africa
- Hopewell Training Center in Haiti
On behalf of our brothers and sisters at Coal Township and Drakenstein, thank you for your participation and generosity.
Please register before purchasing artwork and use the Event Offers button to the right to preview the art.