ACE CAREERS CAMP 2022
The Long Beach Center for Economic Inclusion and DemoChicks™ have collaborated to present an Architectural, Construction, Engineering (ACE) Career exploration summer camp throughout the month of September. DemoChicks’ ACE Careers Camp will transcend the classroom and is a hands-on, immersive ACE exposure experience for 40 students. ACE Careers Camp will position youth, with an emphasis on girls and youth of color to gain exposure to the field, obtain economic empowerment, and one day soon -- lead in these essential fields.
ACE Careers Camp is designed for youth ages 6 to 14. Older youths, ages 15-17, will be allowed to participate as counselors in training, assisting younger participants with experiments. All sessions will involve:
- Learning from an active ACE professional who shares about their career journey and the concepts they use daily.
- Hands-on experiments that allow them to connect the concepts shared by the guest professionals and DemoChicks Team
- Discussion about concepts and encouraging youth to envision themselves as future ACE leaders.
ONLY 40 SLOTS ARE AVAILABLE!
The class size is limited. If you are on the waitlist, we will email/call you if a spot becomes available.
ACE CAREER CAMP SESSIONS
- Session 1 - Architecture Careers Part I - Tues., Sept. 6th | Virtual - 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Session 2 - Architecture Careers Part II - Tues., Sept. 13th, | Virtual - 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Session 3 - Construction Careers - Tues., Sept. 20th, | Virtual - 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Session 4 - Engineering Careers Part I - Sat., Sept. 24th | In-Person at the Long Beach Youth Festival
- Session 5 - Engineering Careers Part II - Tues., Sept. 27th | Virtual - 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
**ACE Career Camp is a free career exploration completion program. All students that attend all five sessions will receive a stipend of $300 after the completion of the exit survey.
DemoChicks is a catalyst and multiplier that empowers and enlightens young girls by opening and sharing unique pathways to pursue nontraditional careers in architecture, construction, and engineering (ACE) fields. This enlightenment elevates their future opportunities and provides mentorship and guidance on how to pursue and excel in their nontraditional field of choice.
Put succinctly: We Knock Barriers Down to Build Girls Up.
DemoChicks values access and education as a means of “Doing Well and Doing Good” and, ultimately, a successful life and satisfying career. We provide girls of color with supplemental STEM-oriented education specifically in the ACE fields.